The MC Professional
“My Experience is your Assurance”
The Master of Ceremonies (The “MC”) is often misunderstood & is certainly underestimated.
While the MC is known for introducing a few speakers & telling a few jokes, the majority of what the MC should do is actually behind the scenes. It is integral to the success of the evening to have an experienced & professional MC who becomes the host of the event & is the communications expert.
1) A reception has a number of inter-connected moving parts & staff. The MC must be your “go-between/ liaison person” between you, the venue manager, the caterer, the wedding planner, the videographer, the photographer & the DJ on the night.
2) The MC needs to assist with & advise on the run sheet timings as well as the “do” & the “do not’s” for the night prior to the event.
3) An experienced MC will bring their expertise, be able to offer a streamlined way to run your evening & be able to calmly think on their feet should timings slip for unforeseen reasons.
4) An experienced MC will ensure all the vendors are ready before announcing the first dance, cake cutting or speeches, bridal party entrance etc ensuring that everyone is in place to make those moments truly special without a last-minute scramble.
5) There is also provision to play a game or two depending on your preference, games can be a lot of fun &, providing the MC can run them properly in a timely manner, can certainly enhance the atmosphere of the evening without detracting from the formalities.
6) The wedding MC is entrusted make decisions on the night to keep things running smoothly, to “buffer” the bridal couple so you can relax on the night knowing everything is taken care of. If suppliers have questions or decisions to be made, they should come to the MC to resolve.
The standard welcoming of the guests, doing the formal introductions for your speakers & the bridal party is “MC 101”, this is what most people think the MC does but the above outlines that there is a lot more to it than that.
As your DJ/ MC professional you can be assured that you are dealing with someone who has 33+ years in the DJ industry & is passionate about getting it 100% right for your event.
I treat every event with the upmost professionalism, I like to ensure my clients know that they are dealing with an experienced professional who’s 33+ years in the DJ industry endorses my slogan “My Experience is your Assurance”.