The MC Professional
“My Experience is your Assurance”
DJ Corey: Where Professionalism, Communication & Ethics never go out of fashion.
- A wedding reception has a number of interconnected moving parts & people. The MC must be your “voice”, must understand your vision & be the conduit between you, the venue manager, the caterer, the wedding planner, the videographer, the photographer & the entertainment on the night.
- The MC needs to assist with & advise on the run sheet timings for the night prior to the event.
- An experienced MC will bring their expertise, be able to offer a streamlined way to run your evening & be able to calmly think on their feet should timings slip for unforeseen reasons.
- An experienced MC will ensure all the vendors are ready before announcing the first dance, cake cutting or speeches, bridal party entrance, etc. ensuring that everyone is in place to make those moments truly special without a last-minute scramble.
- There is also a provision to play a game or two depending on your preference, games can be a lot of fun &, providing the MC can run them properly in a timely manner, can certainly enhance the atmosphere of the evening without detracting from the formalities.
- The wedding MC is entrusted to make decisions on the night to keep things running smoothly, to “buffer” the bridal couple so you can relax on the night knowing everything is under control.
The Master of Ceremonies (The “MC”) is often misunderstood & is certainly underestimated.
While the MC is known for the standard welcoming of the guests, doing the formal introductions for your speakers & the bridal party is "MC 101", this is what most people think the MC does but the majority of what the MC should do is actually behind the scenes. It is integral to the success of the evening to have an experienced & professional MC who becomes the host of the event & is the communications expert.
The MC service is typically $400 when coupled with DJ services but I have seen so many “Uncle Bob’s” do it after a few too many shandies that I offer it for free to ensure my clients can rest easy & not stress on the day.
As your DJ/ MC professional you can be assured that you are dealing with someone who has 30+ years in the DJ industry & is passionate about getting it 100% right for your event. I treat every event with the utmost professionalism, I like to ensure my clients know that they are dealing with an experienced professional & live by my slogan "My Experience is your Assurance".